Week 20 | National Poetry Day | Contents
In case you didn't know, it is National Poetry Day on Thursday 7th October. This year's theme is 'Home'. Most of the year, it's up to us small presses and to you dedicated readers to keep the poetry flag flying - but this week poetry is particularly press-worthy, which enables us to take our eyes off the flame and discuss some other pressing matters.
In light of this,
Beetroot Hummus Recipe
- 1 cup of dried chickpeas
- 1 onion
- 1 beetroot
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- olive oil
- In bowl cover chickpeas with cold water and soak overnight.
- Drain chickpeas and place in saucepan; add water, cook, drain(reserving 1 cup of cooking liquid), cool.
- Meanwhile, cook beetroot until tender; drain, cool, skin, chop.
- Puree; add the beetroot, chickpeas and onions, tahini, garlic, lemon juice and cumin. Blend. Pour in the reserved cooking liquid and olive oil. Blend again. Drizzle with a little olive oil.
'The man who thought for a moment he had invented something culinary, until he googled it'